Friday, May 10, 2013

The last one picked



Matthew 19:30 “But many who are first will be last, and the last first.”

Matthew 20:16 “So the last will be first, and the first last.”

Luke 13:30 “And behold, some are last who will be first, and some are first who will be last.”

Perhaps you were always picked last or even worked at a job where it seems others get preferential treatment, even though they have no clue as to what they are doing. How about those times in life where you feel that you are simply not good enough. Your insecurities have taken deep root you simply just do not feel able…inadequate. Always last, never good enough….

David was the youngest of his siblings and God chose him to be king! David grew up to be a murderer and an adulterer, and he was after God’s own heart.  Moses couldn’t speak well. Exodus 4:10 says “But Moses said to the Lord, “Oh, my Lord, I am not eloquent, either in the past or since you have spoken to your servant, but I am slow of speech and of tongue.”” Yet it was Moses who led his people out of Egypt. Gideon was afraid. Rahad was a prostitute. Jonah ran from God. Peter denied Christ. Joseph was abused & imprisoned.

God tells us in 1 Sam 16:7 “But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not look on his appearance or on the height of his stature, because I have rejected him., For the Lord sees not as man sees: man looks on the outward appearance, but the Lord looks on the heart.”

The next time you feel you are unable to fight the challenge, or that God can’t use you or that you are not that perfect Christian you have seen on TV, remember that God knows your heart, and God knows your abilities.

I have been there, and I have had many times of feeling inadequate for the task in front of me. Honestly, I have my degree in accounting, and even as I write this, I still find it difficult to call myself an accountant, I call myself a bookkeeper. With the experience & degree I am an accountant. I have let the remarks of people throughout my career linger in my mind, making me question my own abilities. It’s awesome when you are faced with a task that you feel you are unable to do, and God shows you that you can!

“It doesn't matter what you've heard
Impossible is not a word
It's just a reason
For someone not to try

Everybody's scared to death
When they decide to take that step
Out on the water
It'll be alright
Life is so much more
Than what your eyes are seeing
You will find your way
If you keep believing”
- Kutless


sm

No comments:

Post a Comment