Saturday, October 5, 2013

Immanuel

Immanuel means “God with us”. God came to earth to be with us. Let that sink in for a moment. “God revealed in the life, death, and the resurrection of Jesus a reconciling love that rescues us from separation and loneliness. We are not alone; God has come down from Heaven to tell us He loves us!” Billy Graham Hope for Each Day
Through the ups and downs, the hurts, the disappointments, the times of loneliness, God is literally with us. He loves us!
  • Joshua 1:9 ESV “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”
  • Romans 8:38-39 ESV “For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.”
  • Psalm 139:7-10 ESV “Where shall I go from your Spirit? Or where shall I flee from your presence? If I ascend to heaven, you are there! If I make my bed in Sheol, you are there! If I take the wings of the morning and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea, even there your hand shall lead me, and your right hand shall hold me.”
I know there are times when it seems as if God is not there, that we are walking solo through the trials and tribulation. Yet God is there, right beside us, leading us and even carrying us when are strength is all but gone. Close your eyes, and soak in his presence. Be quiet and just listen.
Deuteronomy 31:6 ESV “Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the Lord your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you.”
sm

No comments:

Post a Comment