Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Shepherd

Psalm 23:1 “The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.”
When I hear shepherd I automatically think of Psalm 23. “He makes me lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside still waters. He restores my soul. He leads me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; you anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. ...”
He is our shepherd, our protector, our guide…When it seems as if we are drowning, He is there to lead us. When we feel overwhelmed, stressed, or simply low on faith, He restores our soul. As we make our way through hard times, through spiritual battles, we have no need to fear, for He is there with us. He is a shepherd that knows each of us by name.”
  • 1 Peter 2:25 (ESV) “For you were straying like sheep, but have now returned to the Shepherd and Overseer of your souls.”
  • John 10:9 (ESV) “I am the door. If anyone enters by me, he will be saved and will go in and out and find pasture.”
John 10:15 (ESV) “just as the Father knows me and I know the Father; and I lay down my life for the sheep.”
He, the shepherd is the overseer of our souls. He is the door to our salvation, allowing us to go through. He, our shepherd knows us, and will lay down his life for us. Listen for the shepherd, allow Him to guide you through the hard times, through the rough passages, and seek his comfort, his still waters.
Sm

No comments:

Post a Comment